Sign up for Service
- What is Canopy?
- Designed from the ground up to provide wireless networks from 1000 feet to 25 miles,
Cambium Networks is the leading edge technology for high-speed, wireless Internet access.
It is a proprietary technology, making it one of the most robust and secure wireless
technologies on the market. How secure is it? The US government uses Canopy
equipment in military and disaster recovery deployments. It is both secure and reliable.
Canopy is not Wi-Fi, it does not succumb to interference from common consumer electronics and appliances. It is not 802.11 wireless.
Canopy is designed for long distance high-speed Internet Access.
802.11, 2.4GHz, or Wi-Fi by any other name, is designed for 10 to 1000 feet only.
- How secure is Canopy?
- The AIR-PIPE Wireless system fully utilizes the Canopy system for its infrastructure.
The Canopy system supports over-the-air DES encryption. DES is much stronger then typical WEP
encryption used by Wi-Fi and 2.4 GHz gear. There is no performance degradation to the Canopy
system when over the air encryption is engaged. 802.11 products operate in the same spectral
territory as the Canopy system, but there is no significant interference because the Canopy
system's FM capture mechanism rejects almost all interfering signals.
- Can my signal be intercepted?
- - Unlike analog telephone transmissions, digital transmissions of Internet traffic are much
more difficult to intercept because of the complex cryptology associated with the technology.
- Like other Internet applications such as secure email or web browsing, users can employ many
security applications which prevent eavesdropping on transmissions - whether such security
applications are installed on the last-mile link to the user's house or elsewhere in the Internet.
- The Canopy system provides an over-the-air encryption, which cryptographically scrambles the
data bits, preventing anyone "listening" to the airwaves from deciphering any messages.
In fact, our system's over-the-air link may be the most secure leg of the typical user's Internet connection.
Canopy is so secure that it is sold into the public safety market and the Federal Government as an overlay
for disaster and terrorist response networks.
- Is it safe enough so I can connect to my company?
- AIR-PIPE's network is completely transparent to your corporate VPN. The Canopy system acts as a 'bridge'
and passes all VPN protocols. However, it does not have any built-in VPN capability of its own. If your
application requires a VPN, you can use our network but you will still need your specific VPN solution as well.
For additional Security Questions please contact us at your convenience.
- How does it work and how do I get started?
- There are many "access points" located on various mountain tops all around Spokane and the outlying areas. An AIR-PIPE Installation technician will first visit your home to ensure that a radio mounted on your
home can link with one of the AIR-PIPE "access points". It may be necessary for our technicians to test from your roof, weather permitting.
If we can link with one of the access points we'll move forward with an installation.
Visit the Cambium Networks
website and learn more about it.
Product Info |
Coverage Area |
Sign up for Service |
Company Profile |
Career Opportunities |
Contact Us |
17813 E Appleway, Spokane Valley, WA 99016